|home | vita | publications | talks | research | invitations|
Invited Talks (invite me)
Theory Choice vs. Theory Search, at La Sapienza (University of Rome), June 13
Modeling Scientific Revolutions, at University of North Carolina, May 31th
Developments in Scientific Rationality, at University of Aberdeen, May 7th
Dividing Labor in Science, at PhilEAs Conference Cycle,Geneva, April 20th
Path Dependence in Scientific Change, at Pfadkolleg, Berlin, January 24th
Pluralistic Ignorance in Economic Theory, at Lund Workshop in Social Epistemology, Lund, December 9th
Theory Choice under Uncertainty, at "The Epistemic Life of Resource-Limited Agents", IHPST Paris, December 6th
Why Some Models Must Be Simple To Be General, at ESF Workshop "Modeling in Ecology: Does Simple Always Equate to General?", London,September 15th
"To Specialize or to Innovate?"
- Epistemic Groups and Collaborative Research in Science, Nancy 2012
"Micro-, Meso- and Macro-level Explanations in International Relations Theory" (with Erik Weber and Jeroen Van Bouwel)
- Social Mechanisms and Social Explanation workshop, Rotterdam 2012
"The Sandpile Model of Progress"
- Belgian Society for Logic and Philosophy of Science conference, Brussels
- The Progress of Science conference, Tilburg
- EPS seminar, Tilburg
"Simulation and Theory-Choice"
- History & Philosophy of Computing, Ghent
"The Relation between Different Types of Explanation: The Case of the Historikerstreit"
- Causality and Explanation in the Sciences (CaEitS), Ghent
- Philosophy of Science Seminar, Helsinki
"The Dynamics of Methodological Standards"
- New Trends in the Philosophy of Social Science II, Madrid
- Workshop "Economic Models of Scientific Methodology", Ghent
"The Problem of Kuhnian Rationality"
- International Network for Economic Method (INEM), Helsinki
- European Philosophy of Science Association (EPSA), Athens
- Thomas Nickles workshop, Ghent
"Peer Disagreement under Multiple Epistemic Systems"
- Episteme conference, Pittsburgh
"Rationality in a Two-Process View of Scientific Change"
- Logic, Reasoning and Rationality (LRR), Ghent
"The Economics of Scientific Pluralism"
- Society for Philosophy of Science in Practice (SPSP),Minneapolis
"The Tradeoff between Breadth and Depth"
- European Philosophy of Science Association (EPSA),Amsterdam
- Modeling in Biology and Economics, Helsinki
"An Economic Model of Scientific Activity"
- International Network for Economic Method (INEM),Xalapa, Mexico
"Increasing Returns in Scientific Knowledge"
- Formal Modelling in Social Epistemology conference,Tilburg
"Trading off Explanatory Virtues"
- Belgian Society for Logic and Philosophy of Science (BSLPS), Brussels
"Pluralism in International Relations"
- Reduction and the Special Sciences conference,Tilburg
"The Tradeoff between Specialisation and Diversity"
- International Network for Economic Method (INEM), Madrid
"Mainstream Economics: Searching where the Light is"
- Association of Heterodox Economists (AHE), Cambridge
"A pragmatist approach to the plurality of explanations in International Relations Theory
- Sixth Pan-European Conference on International Relations (SGIR), Turin
"Why should I adopt pluralism?"
- Association of Heterodox Economists (AHE), Bristol
- International Confederation of Associations for Pluralism in Economics (ICAPE), Salt Lake City